This is our most popular flight experience and is also an ideal gift. After a detailed briefing, you and your instructor will strap into a dual controlled glider and a tug plane will then tow you to approximately two thousand feet.
One you have released from the tow plane you and your instructor will explore the local area. You will have at least fifteen minutes in the air, which is plenty of time for you to try the controls yourself!
The gift recipient (perhaps yourself) will receive a flight voucher valid for one year from the date of purchase. The voucher pack explains how to schedule a date for the flight. Also included is three months membership to the club - allowing you to come back again and again.
Vouchers are sent by Royal Mail and normally take 3 working days to be delivered.
Once you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions and understand that the person flying needs to meet the fitness, height and weight requirements, you can purchase the voucher online, or call the office on 01582 663419
1. Online sales are of vouchers entitling the holder to the services specified. Vouchers are sold and the services are provided by London Sailplanes Limited (Trading as The London Gliding Club).
2. To book the trial lesson or course to which the voucher entitles you, you should phone the club during normal business hours to arrange a mutually convenient time.
3. Appointments may have to be varied at short notice due to weather or other conditions. London Gliding Club will be happy to rearrange a mutually convenient appointment, but will have no other liability.
4. All those taking trial lessons or courses are entitled to three months free probationary membership of London Gliding Club. In order to take up a trial lesson or course, it is necessary to take up the probationary membership, and to agree to be bound by the rules of the club.
5. All vouchers are valid for one year from issue. In the event of cancellation an administration charge will be applied. If an extension beyond one year is requested, we may consider this entirely at our discretion, and if this is agreed an administration charge will be applied.Health & Fitness Guidelines
1. If you have good general health and can manage a walk in the country you will have no problem learning to glide. Please call us on 01582 663419 to discuss any congenital medical condition or disability.
2. No age is too old or too young to start gliding! Under 18s need parental consent. Under 16s must also be accompanied by an adult.
3. Height & Weight is restricted by the size of the glider. To fit the glider you will need to be taller than 1.5m (5') and shorter than 1.95m (6' 4"). You also need to weigh less than 100kg (220 lbs).
4. You must be able to read a car number plate at 25 metres (with or without glasses).